- NBC News, Manager titles allegedly given to workers to avoid overtime pay, May 2, 2023.
- The New York Times, You’re Now a ‘Manager.’ Forget About Overtime Pay, Mar 6, 2023.
- The New York Times, Opinion | Worker Overtime Pay Is Dying. It Shouldn’t Be, Feb 1, 2023.
- The Wall Street Journal, Whip Inflation With Title Inflation, Jan 12, 2023.
- CBS News, Companies save billions of dollars by giving employees fake “manager” titles, study shows, Feb 6, 2023.
- Bloomberg, Your Fancy New Manager Title Might Be Your Boss’s Way to Avoid Paying You Overtime, Jan 10, 2023.
- Fortune, From shampoo manager to director of first impressions: Bogus job titles are costing workers $4 billion in overtime every year, study finds, Jan 10, 2023.
- Business Insider, Title inflation is hurting employee career growth and company morale, Feb 10, 2023.
- Focus, US companies are suddenly saving billions of dollars with crazy pseudo-titles, Feb 9, 2023.
- De Standaard, Everyone manager: why companies hand out fake job titles, Feb 8, 2023.
- HBS Working Knowledge, Supervisor of Sandwiches? More Companies Inflate Titles to Avoid Extra Pay, Feb 7, 2023.
- The National Desk, Companies inflate job titles to avoid paying billions in OT, researchers say, Feb 6, 2023.
- Yahoo, Companies exaggerate the name of the position of their employees to make them work more, Feb 6, 2023.
- NBER The Digest, Firms Inflate Job Titles to Avoid Paying Workers Overtime, Feb 2023.
- FEE Stories, Has Capitalism Created a Wasteful Excess of Managers?, Jan 18, 2023.
- La Dépêche, In the United States, becoming a manager is not always a great promotion, Jan 17, 2023.
- Business Insider, Before accepting ‘manager’ in your title, make sure it’s not just a way for your company to avoid paying you overtime, Jan 12, 2023.
- Quartz, Could you be losing money with a manager title?, Jan 12, 2023.
- Bloomberg (Japan), Suspicious ”nominal managers”- US companies evading 530 billion yen overtime payment, Jan 11, 2023.
- VICE, Bosses Give Workers Bullshit ‘Manager’ Titles To Avoid Paying Overtime: Study, Jan 10, 2023.
- Observer, Companies Hand Out Dubious Job Titles to Avoid Paying $4 Billion in Overtime, Jan 9, 2023.
- Chicago Tribune, The Perils of Private Provision of Public Goods. October 21, 2021.
- Financial Times, Why bond funds may be riskier than they seem. August 1, 2021.
- The Street, Don’t take their word for it: the misclassification of bond mutual funds. May 30, 2020.
- Chicago Booth Review, How policy makers could address the food-insecurity epidemic, Feb 24, 2021.
- NBER Digest, Exploring the Timing of Reviews and Approvals of New Drugs, January 1, 2021.
- Wall Street Journal, FDA’s deadline problem? January 3, 2020.
- Forbes, The skinny on the ongoing Morningstar ratings squabble. February 11, 2020.
- Financial Times, Academics accuse Morningstar of misclassifying bond funds. November 11, 2019.
- Barrons, Bond investors rely on Morningstar find ratings. A study questions their accuracy. November 14, 2019.
- CBS News, Starbucks’s open-bathroom policy is affecting its business, study says, November 22, 2019. Also covered in Yahoo Finance, Forbes, Daily Mail, Fox Business, Business Insider, Wall Street Reporter, American Thinker.
- Pensions and Investments, Award-winning paper uses EDGAR IP data to track correlation to portfolio, February 14, 2019.
- Dallas Morning News, Is the FTC changing how it defines a pyramid scheme? This North Texas skin care firm thinks so. November 5, 2019.
- Fortune, How U.S. laws protecting America’s best ideas are killing innovation. January 22, 2015.
- Economist, Patent trolls: Why no one likes them. March 3, 2015.
VOX: The case for creating excess capacity at the US Food and Drug Administration, 14 March 2021.
United Nations Academic Blog, The ESG-innovation Disconnect: Evidence from Green Patenting., February 18, 2021.
Harvard Law School Forum on Corporate Governance, Too Many Managers, March 7, 2023.
Harvard Law School Forum on Corporate Governance, IQ from IP: Simplifying Search in Portfolio Choice., August 12, 2020.
Harvard Law School Forum on Corporate Governance, Buying the Verdict., May 9, 2018.
Harvard Law School Forum on Corporate Governance, Earnings and the Value of Voting Rights, October 3, 2016.
Harvard Law School Forum on Corporate Governance, Trust Busting: The Effect of Fraud on Investor Behavior, February 18, 2016.
DePaul University, Driehaus Center for Behavioral Finance Blog, Public Firms Use Advertising to Influence Court Case Outcomes, October 23, 2019.
Columbia Law School’s Blog on Corporations and The Capital Markets, Benefits of Publicity, April 19, 2016.